What is the friendliest breed in your opinion?

Little yellow ducklings are hard to know what you're getting apparently. My buff was yellow and I thought she'd turn white or fawn and white. But nope! Feed store fail.

Have you looked into local classifieds? I have had some success finding ducks on Craigslist (takes patience though).
Yes I started looking on craigs list last night. The only place local that I found ducklings makes you fill out an application before they will decide if you are fit to own ducks. :/ and that is great to weed out the stupid people that use them as photo props but I don't want to deal with all that.

Tonight the hubby and I walked to the canal to feed the wild ducks and there were two muskovies that weren't there a few weeks ago. One of them had wings that were clipped so far back that he can't even get in the water since he can't fly out. He ate from my hand and let us pet him. He was wagging his tail like an excited puppy. It was really cute. But I just can't get past their funky face skin. I really liked his personality though. And he was huge! Like the size of a wild turkey. (I've obviously never seen a muskovy in person before! Haha) There was a runner there also that I've never seen there before. I really love the look of runners. I'm just worried if I tried to pick a runner again that I would be wrong and it'd be something else. :/

I found a local breeder that will have ducklings in the next few days. She normally breeds black runners but this time they are black runner/kc mixes. Does anyone have any runner mixes? I hope they stand like runners! She sent me a picture of mixed ducklings from last year but she sold them as ducklings so she isn't sure what they look like as adults.

I found a local breeder that will have ducklings in the next few days. She normally breeds black runners but this time they are black runner/kc mixes. Does anyone have any runner mixes? I hope they stand like runners! She sent me a picture of mixed ducklings from last year but she sold them as ducklings so she isn't sure what they look like as adults.
the'll probably be great layers! And beautiful! Can't wait to see them!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom