What is the meaning of this?

Lets hope he likes me and is just trying to be impressive rather than wanting to take my head off...Because then he will be the one with the head missing!

Quote:
He is trying to show the hens that he is the boss not you. better get it handled quick or it could turn into something worst. when I find one that does that i chase him around to show him I am the boss.

AL

Uh oh! What do you mean handle it? He only has 1 hen right now. And there is another rooster in with them...I know that is a bad idea but the other hen went MIA. And the roo that was doing it is the lower roo of the 2.

If you read the rest of these post everybody thinks how cute that is!!! or aawww ain't that sweet!!!. You will think it is so cute when he broadsides you when you turn your back on him, and he comes at you spurs flying. All I am saying is watch yourself and this behavior, this is how a mean rooster starts. When he displays and you do nothing because everybody thinks it's cute. Nip it in the bud and now, just show him you are the boss and his antics will not be tollerated when humans are in the pen. I don't mean to hurt the ole boy, you just stand and walk him around like he does to the other roos, that's showing your dominance. anyway don't be all huggy pie kissey poo until you know for sure he is not a threat to you.

AL

maybe Im the only one but my rooster pulled this garbage with me when he started mating-I thought huh...what the heck is he doing then I turned my back and whack!!! out of no where! thats what he does all the time now everytime!!! one eye always o me!!!! hell be 1 yr old in July-as well as his 3 hens!! Terd--hes a good pretection to them though and a fabulous fertile dad!!! hes here to stay until he gets replaced by his son!

My roo doesn't have spurs or toenails. He suffered damage to them when he went MIA and now ALL his toes are rounded and he never developed spurs. His beak is the only scary thing on him. I will try to not be nice anymore and stand my ground and see if he changes his tune. Thanks guys.

Quote:
Uh oh! What do you mean handle it? He only has 1 hen right now. And there is another rooster in with them...I know that is a bad idea but the other hen went MIA. And the roo that was doing it is the lower roo of the 2.

If you read the rest of these post everybody thinks how cute that is!!! or aawww ain't that sweet!!!. You will think it is so cute when he broadsides you when you turn your back on him, and he comes at you spurs flying. All I am saying is watch yourself and this behavior, this is how a mean rooster starts. When he displays and you do nothing because everybody thinks it's cute. Nip it in the bud and now, just show him you are the boss and his antics will not be tollerated when humans are in the pen. I don't mean to hurt the ole boy, you just stand and walk him around like he does to the other roos, that's showing your dominance. anyway don't be all huggy pie kissey poo until you know for sure he is not a threat to you.

AL

I totally agree. It starts with trying to romance you and when that doesn't work, they step up the intimidation. Nip it in the bud.

Quote:
Good for you, most people do not realize that this how things work in the animal world, you and your animals will be so much happier when everybody including you know the pecking order. I just wanted you to be safe and smart and happy.

AL

I was going to post that you need to get him more hens because I started out with one rooster and one hen (knowing next to nothing about chickens) and the rooster 'loved' the hen to death. When I finally talked to the feed store lady she told me that rooster could have serviced 15 hens.

But if your guy has no toenails then maybe your hen will survive.

Peggy

My rooster does that to me, but if I try to take an egg he charges at me. I have to go into my coop with a weapon and sword fight with my rooster just to get an egg. Unless i''m in a bad mood and I feel like sword fighting with him I get my eggs at night

Well I just wanted to let everyone know that I had a rather angry roo today. Just out of curiosity I sat down in the pen this morning and was holding the hen(she is more like a dog than chicken). Well the roo came up beside me and did that silly dance and when I ignored him he pecked me. Well without time to think about my reaction, I ended up back handing him right across his poor lil face. He looked at me with his mouth gaped open and walked off clucking. I know he was cursing at me in chicken. He hasn't came back over to me since. If I even LOOK like I might be walking in his direction he will go the other way. I think I hurt is feelings...Or maybe his ego. Now I feel bad.

Back
Top Bottom