$$$What is the most expensive chicken you have brought or sold?$$$

$5.50 for my cuckoo maran who was supposed to be a hen but turned out was a rooster. I really didn't care though cause he was my first standard size rooster for my hens, my other roosters were bantams.

I paid 25 for a nine mo. experienced BO rooster for my hens that were about the same age. I've had him for a month and so for he's real good with the girls and not any aggresive signs. He was very wary and shy when I first got him cause the previous owners alph EE roo beat him up every chance he got.

$15 for year old silkie(my first every laying bird!)
wee.gif

never had to sell any.
celebrate.gif

my birds ever bought were 3 bamtams (1 hen,2 roos) in an aution at a show
ya.gif

Last edited:
$15.00 apiece for two POL Lakenvelders. Other than two bantam cochins from someone who needed (???) to get rid of chicks, for which I paid $5.00 apiece, I've never bought anything other than feed store chicks and shipped hatching eggs. ALMOST paid $30.00 for 8 eggs once, but somebody outbid me.

I don't sell mine; I give some away to local BYCers. Well, to ONE, and to one other in a few days. I might be able to expand that "service" eventually.

wow..didnt realize someone would ever pay such big bucks for chickens before....i best start rethinking my prices !! most expensive..was.$25 box of seramas at auction.only to find out owner wrote on box sultans not seramas like they were called at auction.& they all died within one hour after i owned them. that one cost me dearly. ...normally $3 or less a chick..few times pd $5 for few week olds. seramas truely were my most expensive to date $25 trio.

wow..didnt realize someone would ever pay such big bucks for chickens before....i best start rethinking my prices !! most expensive..was.$25 box of seramas at auction.only to find out owner wrote on box sultans not seramas like they were called at auction.& they all died within one hour after i owned them. that one cost me dearly. ...normally $3 or less a chick..few times pd $5 for few week olds. seramas truely were my most expensive to date $25 trio.

Back
Top Bottom