what is the most you have payed to ship eggs

ILOVEFRIZZLES

Red Roof Hens
10 Years
Feb 2, 2009
Hamilton Ga
I shipped some for Ga to Ny today and the cost me $21.35. I have never been charged that much before. I shipped three other boxes two to OK, and one two MI. The other are under $10.00. Post office lady said it was zone 5. I think she put in some thing wrong. What is the most you have payed

I think I would go back and check again, if I were you. That does seem way high to me.

I seem to remember about $13. or so, for Priority USPS to WA from GA with delivery confirmation - at the most around $15.

I did get stuck on one of my first shipments out west...the lady that bought the eggs asked me to make a note for the local Post Office to 'hold' her shipment for pick-up. I sent my DS to the local UPS store and they really saw him coming...! The lady charged him for Over-nite, and said there was an extra charge for "holding" at the P.O. (not true!), after all the adders, he came back with a receipt for $36.00 shipping. Then the package took 5 days to be delivered - not 2. So I went to the lady myself and got ALL the money back, left her with a small piece of my mind for taking advantage of a kid, and never used them again. In the end, the shipping was free and the lady got 100% hatch rate.
tongue2.gif

BTW, I have been OK with the quality and price of the regular old P.O., using Priority with Confirmation. Usually costs around $10 because I ship with boxes other than their size of 'priority'.

Last edited:
If I ever ship to the west coast I always use the large flat rate boxes.It is 13.50 no matter what it weighs or were it is going.I have never paid over 11.00 on the east coast that I remember.
hmm.png

I want back in and talked to her but she said it was the zone it did have a tracking # but I really think the charged to much. It as a priority shoe box same as I all way use had 12 eggs in it.
I only charged $12 for shipping and $12 for eggs. No a Good Day at the PO

Last edited:
Maybe the shape of the box matters. I tried a few monthes ago to ship with a box that was taller than wide and they said that it would cost about $22 for NY to CA.
ep.gif
but if I used one of thier flat rates that it would be $10.35ish. I took thier box home repacked and saved $10.

I just paid $16 to ship from Indiana to Oregan. I lost on this one. I don't know how some of you can charge $10 and $12 . I've always charged $15 and I've just broken even on alot of them. That isn't counting the cost of bubble wrap.

Back
Top Bottom