what is the most you have payed to ship eggs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ILOVEFRIZZLES, Jan 19, 2010.

1. ILOVEFRIZZLES

ILOVEFRIZZLES Red Roof Hens

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    I shipped some for Ga to Ny today and the cost me $21.35. I have never been charged that much before. I shipped three other boxes two to OK, and one two MI. The other are under $10.00. Post office lady said it was zone 5. I think she put in some thing wrong. What is the most you have payed

2. Atlchick

Atlchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2009
    Grayson, GA
    I think I would go back and check again, if I were you. That does seem way high to me.

I seem to remember about $13. or so, for Priority USPS to WA from GA with delivery confirmation - at the most around $15.

I did get stuck on one of my first shipments out west...the lady that bought the eggs asked me to make a note for the local Post Office to 'hold' her shipment for pick-up. I sent my DS to the local UPS store and they really saw him coming...! The lady charged him for Over-nite, and said there was an extra charge for "holding" at the P.O. (not true!), after all the adders, he came back with a receipt for $36.00 shipping. Then the package took 5 days to be delivered - not 2. So I went to the lady myself and got ALL the money back, left her with a small piece of my mind for taking advantage of a kid, and never used them again. In the end, the shipping was free and the lady got 100% hatch rate. [​IMG]

BTW, I have been OK with the quality and price of the regular old P.O., using Priority with Confirmation. Usually costs around $10 because I ship with boxes other than their size of 'priority'.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  3. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

From GA to Washington State a couple years ago cost me just over $16.

Edited to add: there was no large flat rate then, but even if there had been, there were too many eggs to go in it. Heavy box.

4. JamesA

JamesA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Cedartown Georgia
    If I ever ship to the west coast I always use the large flat rate boxes.It is 13.50 no matter what it weighs or were it is going.I have never paid over 11.00 on the east coast that I remember. [​IMG]

5. Hi! Yikes!
    $18.00 usps priority mail cross country --- too many eggs to fit in a flat-rate box. Eggs made it intact, and I didn't go in the hole.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

6. ILOVEFRIZZLES

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    I want back in and talked to her but she said it was the zone it did have a tracking # but I really think the charged to much. It as a priority shoe box same as I all way use had 12 eggs in it.
    I only charged $12 for shipping and $12 for eggs. No a Good Day at the PO

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  7. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    I just recently shipped 7 eggs up north...cost $28...but that was for overnight....

8. chicken stalker

chicken stalker TOS Rocks!

Aug 31, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    Maybe the shape of the box matters. I tried a few monthes ago to ship with a box that was taller than wide and they said that it would cost about $22 for NY to CA. [​IMG] but if I used one of thier flat rates that it would be $10.35ish. I took thier box home repacked and saved $10.

9. Little Ameraucana Mom

Little Ameraucana Mom Need Help, Can't stop hatching!!!

Jul 8, 2008
    Greencastle, In
    I just paid $16 to ship from Indiana to Oregan. I lost on this one. I don't know how some of you can charge $10 and $12 . I've always charged $15 and I've just broken even on alot of them. That isn't counting the cost of bubble wrap.

10. ILOVEFRIZZLES

Feb 2, 2009
    Hamilton Ga
    $15 would have been better then $21.00, Before this I have only payed $12.00 and I have shipped a lot of eggs everywhere.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by