What is the name of your farm/ranch?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by The Chicken Lady, Aug 19, 2008.

1. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I love farm names. They're so creative. I thought names of farms and ranches would be a neat topic to discuss.

For those of you who have them...

What is the name of your farm or ranch? What is the story behind the name?

Do you have a cool sign by the entrance to share your farm's name with everyone who goes by? Post a pic (if you can)!

Thanks in advance for sharing. (I'd share a story, but I don't have my own little place in the country...yet [​IMG]).

2. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Apple Blossom Farm....we have an apple orchard that is simply lovely in the spring and is very visible to passersby. Youngest son suggested the name and we are currently making the sign. Will post a pic if we ever get it done!

1 person likes this.
  3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    My dad thought of naming ours "Chicken Feat Farms". [​IMG]

4. keljonma

keljonma Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2007
    8A East Texas
    If It Flies Farm started with wild birds, then hummers, chickens and bees. Plus the other way of reading it...... if it flies, we can......

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  5. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Barred Feather Farm. It goes back to my grandparents chickens, they always had barred rocks so that is what I got in "honor" of them, if that makes sense. Had been racking my brain for years what to name our place and then it struck me when I was picking up feathers that the chickens had dropped.

6. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Sterling Meadows Hatchery... we live in Sterling, there is a meadow (aka hayfield) nearby, and we hatch lots and lots of birds! [​IMG]

7. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Golden Gait Farms, because we live near the golden gate bridge and gait as in a horses gait because we breed mini ponies and connemaras (sort of lol)

8. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Our neighbors sell Creative Moments scrapbooking stuff and bought a road sign that says "Memory Lane". Thats how I got the idea to call our farm "Poultry Lane Farm." Two days ago my brother bought me our farm sign while he was in Tennesee. I will post pics as soon as possible!

9. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    I'm not on a farm, I'm not on a ranch, and I hardly even have a back yard but I have named my nano place "The Wide Spread Litter Box".....and I got a sign to prove it [​IMG]

10. brownfarms

brownfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    San Diego Area, CA
    Um...see the name. [​IMG] It's our family name. Aren't we creative. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by