What is the name of your farm/ranch?

Quote:
We have about 12 apple trees and 2 cherry trees. My husband has grown Christmas trees for 11 years too so, with hindsight, we maybe should have named the house after them!!

Well,,,,we all live on a mountain here in this part of the Ozarks, and it's called Quail Mountain. All of the people who own property is related in some way, (Arkansas you must remember). The area is rich in history, and very beautiful. All of the extended families are close. It's very quiet and peaceful,,,and everyone sleeps in on weekends. So my Dad has renamed it. His title is "Dead Beat Mountain". and it has stuck. Sad but true,,haha !!!! You must have a since of humor living around us,,,
lau.gif
lau.gif
D.gif

Quote:
Hey don't rush it! Sooner or later it will come to you or someone as in our case will say something insperational. And you will know its the right one. Just call it comfy for now.
big_smile.png
Karan

We had our place for 9 years before it got a name that fit.
wink.png

Last edited:
Our little plot of land is called Third Day Farm. It has two related meanings - the third day of creation where God created plants & seeds & berries (which we grow), and Jesus' resurection on the third day.

2667917336_06c758a0f0.jpg

Quote:
Life is definitely interesting - we try to hold onto those peaceful moments dearly - and aspire to more
wink.png
thanx for the warm welcome
smile.png
much appreciated! I definitely have been enjoying BYC - and learned a lot already!! I think I check BYC as often as my email lol but still figuring everything out....

My mom named their place Timbuktu because it was out in the middle of nowhere when they bought it (moved from Los Angeles CA to Virginia countryside (she is from Germany originally)) My sister came up with Kathmandu because she has 2 cats and it went with the naming theme
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom