What is the sex of my chicken?

Hld93

Chirping
May 8, 2021
Hi, I have two chickens and I know one for sure is female. I've been told they are both hens and then I've also been told one is a rooster. Here is why I'm starting to think one is a rooster.
I've only ever seen the smaller one lay eggs. Never the taller one. Their tails are slightly different and body size different. The larger one is the only one who makes any noise. I can hear the noise from inside my house. Although, appearance wise I believe they both look like hens but I am no expert. Their characteristics
20210507_123726.jpg
are just both so different which leaves me stumped! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Also, some of the eggs I have cracked have a very formed bullseye? After some reading does that mean they've been fertilized or that they are just fertile?

Hi, I have two chickens and I know one for sure is female. I've been told they are both hens and then I've also been told one is a rooster. Here is why I'm starting to think one is a rooster.
I've only ever seen the smaller one lay eggs. Never the taller one. Their tails are slightly different and body size different. The larger one is the only one who makes any noise. I can hear the noise from inside my house. Although, appearance wise I believe they both look like hens but I am no expert. Their characteristicsView attachment 2656791 are just both so different which leaves me stumped! Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Also, some of the eggs I have cracked have a very formed bullseye? After some reading does that mean they've been fertilized or that they are just fertile?

BOTH HENS 100%%%%!

Back
Top Bottom