what is the wierdest chicken breed that will put people in awe?

* That was fun, Nifty. LOVED the Photoshop line. BTW, does anyone know if those Tawny Frogmouths have been PROVEN to be chickens, or related to chickens?? I saw some on a tv show since that thread, and I have me some serious doubts.

Not a chicken. Wiki says they are related to nightjars, calls them owls at one point, and says they belong to the Podargidae family. Chickens belong to an entirely different order and family ( Galliformes, Phasianidae). Nowhere close to related except both being birds.

Last edited:
If you really want to impress people, get a Malay rooster. Three feet of mean, beetle-browed, bare-chested CHICKEN coming at you...

The Shamo is a Japanese gamefowl (with a very unique "look" SURE to impress!!!) which is very popular here in holland (I know a pigeon breeder judge who is over 60 and this is her favorite breed > hers are very tame)... they have wonderful temperament (when raised as pets) I have been told (though the "O" Shamo are HUGE!!!!) It is a pity that in the USA the gamefowl breeds are such a "no-no" ... it is truly a magnificent bird ... have a look at these photos!!!
http://www.kippenforum.nl/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=27747&hilit=shamo
(the thread is several pages long with more photos scattered throughout)

Last edited:
would a veitnamese Ga Ho do it for ya?
gaho_10_c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom