What is the yellow thing around my goose eye?

If so, I would assume a liver issue. Firstly deworm him thoroughly and then try to treat with milk thistle.
Checked his skin in different areas! It’s pink. Not yellow.

Those members that keep African geese...do any of yours have the yellow ring around their eyes? It doesn’t seem to bother him. If they are mites maybe I can appy mineral oil to the area?

Hi! Here again. About the yellowing around Gladstone’s eyes. I have noticed two more things regarding this yellowing, I noticed it’s spreading a little bit to the area in front of his bump on the head and a few specks on the flap under his head. I’ve also noticed he does seem to be scratching his eyes as best his can rubbing his eyes on his body.

Also, his skin is not yellow so I don’t think it’s a liver problem.

If it turns out to be parasites or mites is there any over the counter or prescribed medicine y can apply to that area?
Thank you for your help!

Checked his skin in different areas! It’s pink. Not yellow.

Those members that keep African geese...do any of yours have the yellow ring around their eyes? It doesn’t seem to bother him. If they are mites maybe I can appy mineral oil to the area?

I looked at some photos of mine, and they do not, but some strains do.

1600945463196.png

Same case in this thread as well.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...ck-nob-has-yellow-on-it-here-is-a-pi.1230977/

Unless he is itching the eye often throughout the day I would not worry, In general, if waterfowl are kept in good condition they rarely suffer from diseases.

ETA- my Toulouse Gander has yellow lining around both eyes.

Last edited:
I think I read somewhere that some African Ganders bills can turn yellow when they become middle aged to elderly. I’m not sure if that’s true or not but it could also be a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom