what is this beautiful rooster with a beard?

micloscrib

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 24, 2009
Iowa
please tell me what he is and possibly the black hen too. i bought them both at the same time and there the same age. there still young and she just started laying. please identify them for me:) and why does the rooster have a beard???
100_2231.jpg

100_2238.jpg
100_2239.jpg
100_2240.jpg
100_2241.jpg
100_2244.jpg
100_2245.jpg
100_2246.jpg

I'm going to guess Black Australorp for the girl, and Easter Egger or Ameraucana for the boy. Most likely EE. Where did you get them?

I would say that the hen is an Australorp. The rooster might be an Easteregger. Beards are common among them. He is unlike most I have seen but they do not have any set colors.

The australorp would have a more whitish color on the bottom of her feet. And she's not an easter egger because they generally have pea combs. I don't know about the roo, but he sure is pretty!
love.gif

The roo is an Easter Egger.... he may have some Wheaten Ameraucana in him, but he is not a pure breed... thus an Easter Egger.

I had a Black Sex link hen that looked just like the one in your photo... while most BSL have at least some red flecks on their breast feathers, that one had hardly any.

Back
Top Bottom