1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What is this chick??

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by hillcountrychickens, Mar 16, 2008.

1. hillcountrychickens

hillcountrychickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2007
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Two of the chicks I have are a mystery, and I am wondering if they are americanas...I wish I could figure out how to post their image so you could see them. They are "teenagers" now, and have feathers with a combination of black and rusty brown. More black toward the head, but the classic aerocana mottled feather loook. I have noticed that americanas really vary in color...my mature ones are more of a tan...I do see from pictures that some can be dark like this. So, what other chicks might have the look of an americana/aerocana and be...one has the greyish feet like my aerocana -- the other's feet are more yellow. I know I will figure this out on my own, but I love a mystery!

2. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Do you have any pictures?

3. hillcountrychickens

hillcountrychickens Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2007
    Dripping Springs, TX
    Yes, but am having a very frustrating time trying to post it here...shall I email one to you?

4. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    yeah, go ahead and email me a pic, I'll see if I can help you identify it.

5. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    If you go to the INDEX and then click on FAQ, the directions to "How to Post a Picture" is there. The directions are complete and easy to use.

6. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by