What is this chicken thinking?

It's STILL snowing here in Oregon. Yesterday at bedtime my poor hens scurried from the kennel on the deck to their proper coop, where I tucked them in safe. This morning Henrietta, my smartest and bravest, was the only hen who came out into the snow…for like 10 minutes. She stood there, switching back and forth from one foot to the other, crooning on her beak off. Then back to the coop and now theyre all inside and won't come out. (I put food and warm sugar water inside the coop). What is my puzzled little Henrietta thinking?
Somebody turn up the thermostat!

I posted this bantam rooster a little while ago and was wandering what breed he was and told you that he had bad frostbite on his comb and this picture was at his old owners but finally today I got him and he finally has hens again and LOVES them cause I had 3 little black and white mix bantys and all the other roosters were real big and wouldnt mate them and now they have a rooster the same size as them and are in there own pen but i know for sure one of the white bantys are a hen but not sure about the other 2 but anyway he is lovin his new life outta a raised cage and on the ground in a pen with hens again!!!Here he is in the dog crate in the garage waiting while i put the bantam hens in the pen for him and i put a little handfull of food in the cage before i left to put the hens in the other pen and he grabbed a piece and tried to call a hen over even when he was in a closed garage in a crate on the table after he was scared from me holding hima nd everything so I knew he was gonna love the hensHere they are all together once he found something tasty for themThen of course it was there first night in the new pen and coop so they 3 white/black bantys were in the nestbox and rooster roosted on the nestbox but now there asleep and hapy can't wait for mornin to watch them again!

Back
Top Bottom