What is this chicken thinking?

Rhody and Peach...

Champion Russian Ice Dancers Rhodansk & Peachoff attempt the Triple Toe!
fl.gif

Poor Peachoff is dropped attempting the Triple Toe! Ice Dancers Rhodansk & Peachoff Loose the Gold!!
th.gif

Rhody and Peach...

Rhody: I am so exasperated. Peaches is always dawdling.

Rhody: Hurry up, Peaches, let's go before the feed bowl is empty.
Peaches: What don't raise your hackles at me. What did I do?!!!?

Peaches: That's it. I'm not moving until you apologize for your rudeness.
Rhody: AURRRG
Seriously, Cheeka, what was going on with these chickens?

Rhody is a bantam RIR cockerel, he was dancing for Bantam Cochin x EE Peach, as part of the mating ritual... but she chest bumped him and they sparred. I got some nice flaring pics too... I wouldn't mind if she bred with any of my bantam boys, although I really want her to choose Henry, the bantam buff Cochin that is so famous for his clown shoes... but, he's immature yet... and not aggressive for her or towards her...

I put them together this afternoon, they hung out for a bit, then he went wide around her and rejoined the bachelor group

Yep, but my hens don't fight with my roosters. So I'm curious about the pecking order. I want details
big_smile.png

A couple of my pullets will stand up to Hephaestus (our cockerel) when he tries to get to high-handed with them. They will raise hackle feathers and jump at him. it's really funny to watch because he always gets this look like "What do I do now, she's not obeying me"?
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom