What is this Chicken?

Sanfi_Flock

Chirping
Mar 28, 2021
Hollister, CA
Hi. I got this chicken off Craigslist, she was alone in someone back yard. Does anyone have any idea what breed or sex it is? It has long copper feathers that look pheasantish.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 4BB8B95E-5F07-4984-88D2-BB7AF41FEB7C.jpeg
    4BB8B95E-5F07-4984-88D2-BB7AF41FEB7C.jpeg
    496.6 KB · Views: 8
He does have some pointed saddle feathers i think, if you could get a few better pictures of his comb, tail and full body. He may be a barred rock, or cuckoo maran mix maybe.

Hmm, it doesn’t seem to have any spurs, though. Yes, I am seeing the saddle feathers, but it’s odd to see it’s comb and wattle that small after being over a year old? Wouldn’t they be bigger? I would recommend asking the seller if it had crowed or anything that might give away its gender.

Hmm, it doesn’t seem to have any spurs, though. Yes, I am seeing the saddle feathers, but it’s odd to see it’s comb and wattle that small after being over a year old? Wouldn’t they be bigger? I would recommend asking the seller if it had crowed or anything that might give away its gender.
Sometimes. Not all roosters have spurs, even some hens have spurs. If there were other roosters, it likely wouldn't have crowed. Even hens crow sometimes.
If he's suffering from malnutrition, he's not going to have big combs and waddles.

It's 100% a male. only roosters get pointy saddle feathers like that.
He's most likely malnourished, or he's younger then the seller said.

Back
Top Bottom