What is this color pattern called(cat)?

Quote:
Could you show a pic of your tabby point? My second house cat showed up about 3 years ago and I think that is his coloring.

Quote:
Yes, it is a brown classic tabby! Tabbies come in mackerel or classic patterns. Mackerel is the tiger like stripes, Classic had the bulls eye. They can have either of these patterns in any color. In a female, if you add it some orange or cream patches, that is a patched tabby. Patches tabbies can come in dilute too. I used to raise, breed and show Maine Coon cats for 10 years ACFA and some TICA. In Maine Coons a nice pattern is necessary in order to do well in the shows!

Quote:
Yes, it is a brown classic tabby! Tabbies come in mackerel or classic patterns. Mackerel is the tiger like stripes, Classic had the bulls eye. They can have either of these patterns in any color. In a female, if you add it some orange or cream patches, that is a patched tabby. Patches tabbies can come in dilute too. I used to raise, breed and show Maine Coon cats for 10 years ACFA and some TICA. In Maine Coons a nice pattern is necessary in order to do well in the shows!

I don't shop for cats, they find me BUT if I did I'd get a maine coon(love there big size) or a scottish fold I just think they are adorable!!

I LOVE The Scottish folds and the American Curls!! I think they are so cute!!! I also love the Sphinx!

Cats seem to find me too!
wink.png

Sounds like you have been a great momma to your little buddy!
hugs.gif

Last edited:
No problem, here is my tabby point Wonder (I think there is a more technical name for the color, but tabby point is what I call it), I tried to find a better pic, but I guess I don't have any on this computer so these will have to do!
IMG_089612.jpg

05-11-09.jpg

And here are some pics from when he was a kitten, probably 5 or 6 weeks old.
100_5871.jpg

100_5953.jpg

27498_oliver_038.jpg

This is my other boy Balou(cuddling with Lyle, the little orange rescue who has since found a home).

I think Balou has Siamese in him. He showed up here to as a young intact male, I think he probably started spraying so somebody dumped him. Hes fixed now and no longer sprays.

His stripes show up more in this pic than they do in real life. He has very dark tabby points on his face,tail and legs and his body is more cream colored with very muted markings.

We call his color Lynx point(correctly or not).

Him and bruer don't get along. They both are fine with other cats but not each other.

ETA. Oh yeah he has crossed blue eyes too, that why I think he's part siamese.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom