What is this Duck thinking

Pics
We speak Dutch in Holland and not German! x) But the languages are a bit similar: eenden = Enten (ducks) and loopeenden = Laufenten ("walking"ducks)

I love the earring ducks, by the way. Super cute!!

@Kroelies one of my neighbors has parents from the Netherlands. When I named my Runners German numbers, she was amused because it was so similar to Dutch numbers. And she has no trouble remembering their names, though they look so much alike most folks can't tell Acht from Zehn, for example.

We speak Dutch in Holland and not German! x) But the languages are a bit similar: eenden = Enten (ducks) and loopeenden = Laufenten ("walking"ducks)

I love the earring ducks, by the way. Super cute!!

I knew that. I spent 10 years in Germany and have spent some time in the Neitherlands. Since I don't know Dutch (especially written) I fell back on the fact that most of the people I met in NL were fluent in German, French, and English as well. One of my runners is named Entie which was just taking Ente and making it sound like a girl's name.:D

My wife (who is German) and I used to watch Dutch TV on the satellite and although neither of us knew Dutch we understood almost everything. This gave me a false sense of security when I actually went to the Neitherlands I thought I might be able to read some things... Ha! No way!

I also thought I might lure Amiga out since she has German numbered runners :D

Last edited:
Dutch is a very difficult language to learn, so that's totally understandable. What's kind of funny is that recently the news mentioned that us Dutch people speak less languages than we used to! And I must admit that despite having German classes for 6 years I'm not very good at it
hmm.png

Entie is a cute name! And numbers for names is original, too!

And a picture of Zorro drinking from the pool!

Dutch is a very difficult language to learn, so that's totally understandable. What's kind of funny is that recently the news mentioned that us Dutch people speak less languages than we used to! And I must admit that despite having German classes for 6 years I'm not very good at it
hmm.png

Entie is a cute name! And numbers for names is original, too!

And a picture of Zorro drinking from the pool!
That's funny Zorro stands on the pool and drinks from the puddle.

Dutch is a very difficult language to learn, so that's totally understandable. What's kind of funny is that recently the news mentioned that us Dutch people speak less languages than we used to! And I must admit that despite having German classes for 6 years I'm not very good at it :/ Entie is a cute name! And numbers for names is original, too! And a picture of Zorro drinking from the pool!
I agree with Miss Lydia. That is funny. But she is horrendously cute.

Back
Top Bottom