What is this Duck thinking

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by THescovieguy, Aug 26, 2015.

1. MamaDux

MamaDux Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 5, 2015
    Big Sky Country

2. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    No kidding. It is all about the cute factor and not resisting the urge to kiss the burds. You're right. They don't smell. I babysat a friend's ducks once and had my face close them and didn't smell a thing. Maybe it is from all the water and preening?

3. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    that is what I've heard. My buddy could hold his ducklings all the time but once they grew up, not as much or at all. And even as adults I still think any duck is beyond adorable.

4. jducour

jducour Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    Does it? :) Look at these cute cuddles 7 months later -

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    That is so cute. :)

6. jducour

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    Thanks! They are the sweetest drakes, and the Khaki Campbell likes to perch on my shoulder for head rubs. My daughters shoulder was harder to stand on, but he did it for treats :)

7. MamaDux

Sep 5, 2015
    Big Sky Country
    @jducour
    That's fantastic! [​IMG]
    What's your secret? I miss cuddling my ducks. I work full-time so can only see them at lunch/after work and try to spend a lot of time with them on the weekends.

8. jducour

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    I don't know - we held them A LOT as ducklings, and these two especially loved the snuggles. Im a stay at home Mom, so I was able to spend a lot of time with them as ducklings. I would go sit in the brooder with them for hours a day letting them crawl over me. They are the best! My Peeper thinks he is a person, and walks under my feet all the time.

[​IMG]

and if I lay down on the grass, I get snuggles too

[​IMG]

But he is also a good duck - he takes good care of his 6 females, and watches over them while they eat.

9. MamaDux

Sep 5, 2015
    Big Sky Country
    @Juliebird
    No kidding. It is all about the cute factor and not resisting the urge to kiss the burds. You're right. They don't smell. I babysat a friend's ducks once and had my face close them and didn't smell a thing. Maybe it is from all the water and preening?
    Can't resist the urge - I've tried lol It's possible, but whatever makes them smell the way they do, I like it. Poor Tevye will have to endure my smooches on his head/chest. [​IMG]

10. jducour

Mar 14, 2015
    Utah
    My favorite part to smell is between their shoulders, on the fluffy part just below their neck. So fluffy and clean!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by