What is this Duck thinking

Pics
Unfortunately, he already has to deal with that - from me. :D I try not to overdo it, but between the floof and the smell (how DO they manage to smell so good despite being in/near poop at all times?) it's really hard not to overwhelm the poor guy w/kisses ...
No kidding. It is all about the cute factor and not resisting the urge to kiss the burds. You're right. They don't smell. I babysat a friend's ducks once and had my face close them and didn't smell a thing. Maybe it is from all the water and preening?

They are just too cute; too bad that the cuddle phase only lasts one month - ahh, one wonderful month to cherish...
that is what I've heard. My buddy could hold his ducklings all the time but once they grew up, not as much or at all. And even as adults I still think any duck is beyond adorable.

That is so cute.
smile.png

Thanks! They are the sweetest drakes, and the Khaki Campbell likes to perch on my shoulder for head rubs. My daughters shoulder was harder to stand on, but he did it for treats :)

@jducour
That's fantastic!
wee.gif

What's your secret? I miss cuddling my ducks. I work full-time so can only see them at lunch/after work and try to spend a lot of time with them on the weekends.

@jducour
That's fantastic!
wee.gif

What's your secret? I miss cuddling my ducks. I work full-time so can only see them at lunch/after work and try to spend a lot of time with them on the weekends.
I don't know - we held them A LOT as ducklings, and these two especially loved the snuggles. Im a stay at home Mom, so I was able to spend a lot of time with them as ducklings. I would go sit in the brooder with them for hours a day letting them crawl over me. They are the best! My Peeper thinks he is a person, and walks under my feet all the time.

and if I lay down on the grass, I get snuggles too

But he is also a good duck - he takes good care of his 6 females, and watches over them while they eat.

@Juliebird
No kidding. It is all about the cute factor and not resisting the urge to kiss the burds. You're right. They don't smell. I babysat a friend's ducks once and had my face close them and didn't smell a thing. Maybe it is from all the water and preening?
Can't resist the urge - I've tried lol It's possible, but whatever makes them smell the way they do, I like it. Poor Tevye will have to endure my smooches on his head/chest.
big_smile.png

@Juliebird
Can't resist the urge - I've tried lol It's possible, but whatever makes them smell the way they do, I like it. Poor Tevye will have to endure my smooches on his head/chest.
big_smile.png

My favorite part to smell is between their shoulders, on the fluffy part just below their neck. So fluffy and clean!

Back
Top Bottom