What is this guy?

CDennis

Songster
10 Years
Apr 1, 2009
Idaho
Someone dropped this roo off on my property about a month ago. Mind you I need another rooster like I need a swift kick to the head, and all my previous roo's were OEBG and Jersey Giant so to me this guy looks REALLY funny. He is very afraid of people and has not decided to crow yet which is the reason he has been pardoned and allowed to live on the property. Although, if he is here there is a chance he may get with one of my hens and I would like to prepare for what that mix may be. Hard to tell in the snow but he does have some feathers on his feet and somewhat of a rose comb. Any help is greatly appreciated. They dropped off another rooster the same day, but I have been unable to get a photo of him so far, he is a very pretty rooster also not yet crowing! I don't know what it is about my JG's I am convinced they intend to crow every 15 minutes and if they miss one time they spend the ENTIRE rest of the day making up for it!
26773_003.jpg

26773_what_am_i.jpg

It is a silver lace I believe. Someone in this area had one and it looked like that. Very handsome fella

Thanks I had a strong feeling MUTT would be the answer, which is fine...as long as he doesn't start crowing!
he.gif

Quote:
I agree. His color, at least partially, is a poor Golden Duckwing - which is odd, the closest color simular to that is partridge in wyandottes. I don't know if the SL wyandotte would account for the chest markings or not, they look much more like spangled/speckled than laces.

Sultan mixed in would account for the feathered feet, and the partial crest - but they are dom. white I think.... If it were an F1 cochin cross it would have a lot more feathers on it's feet than what it does.

At best I would guess a Wyandotte x mutt bird as his lineage XD

Quote:
I doubt it. They have, basically, the same color as a sussex - plus they have practically NO comb, muffs, and a beard.

Back
Top Bottom