What is this handsome fella??

1hotchickymama

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jan 12, 2012
This is our "loaner" cock. We have him while our neighbor is out of the country. He is absolutely gorgeous! We going to have a hard time returning him.

I've been trying to get a closer shot all week but everyday I get home they've all gone in the coop. Maybe today, I get off early :)

I'll look up Leghorn and check it out. He sure is loving my ladies. The neighbors gardener brought him over to meet them because he was humping everybodys leg, hahaha. The neighbor only had two roosters, no hens.

ohh dont return him. I think he's far away.. he looks like a mix. They have many chicken breed names, but some breeds look so alike. He looks like a mix. He has like Langshaan (black feathers) mixed with RIR (rhode island red-red feathers)... Buckeye mixed in him too... privetthatchery site is a good place to identify breeds and they tell about each one and some are two breeds with simular charactoristics that the birds look a bit different but have names or looks alike but just different types at the same time.. idk, check it out... look under Buckeye on their. your rooster looks like that. You can browse through that site of all the pics and there are many different names. I found about that site from a local store's poster that had different breeds they had shown in the store.

update: We still have the rooster, no one came to take it back so I guess he's ours. He is great with the ladies but no so with my 2yr old!! He knocked her down from behind the other day when she was trying to pet the hens. Sadly if he continues this behavior I may have to send him packing.

Back
Top Bottom