1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What is this handsome fella??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 1hotchickymama, Jan 13, 2012.

1. 1hotchickymama

1hotchickymama Out Of The Brooder

Jan 12, 2012
    This is our "loaner" cock. We have him while our neighbor is out of the country. He is absolutely gorgeous! We going to have a hard time returning him.

[​IMG]

2. juliechick

juliechick Transplanted Hillbilly

Jun 27, 2008
    Southeast AR
    Looks like a Brown Leghorn. Do you have a closer shot?

3. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

x2

Those earlobes make me think leghorn right off the bat :)

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Looks like a very handsome brown leghorn

5. 1hotchickymama

Jan 12, 2012
    I've been trying to get a closer shot all week but everyday I get home they've all gone in the coop. Maybe today, I get off early :)

I'll look up Leghorn and check it out. He sure is loving my ladies. The neighbors gardener brought him over to meet them because he was humping everybodys leg, hahaha. The neighbor only had two roosters, no hens.

6. Guinea and Chicken raiser

Guinea and Chicken raiser Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 5, 2012
    Northern Louisana
    ohh dont return him. I think he's far away.. he looks like a mix. They have many chicken breed names, but some breeds look so alike. He looks like a mix. He has like Langshaan (black feathers) mixed with RIR (rhode island red-red feathers)... Buckeye mixed in him too... privetthatchery site is a good place to identify breeds and they tell about each one and some are two breeds with simular charactoristics that the birds look a bit different but have names or looks alike but just different types at the same time.. idk, check it out... look under Buckeye on their. your rooster looks like that. You can browse through that site of all the pics and there are many different names. I found about that site from a local store's poster that had different breeds they had shown in the store.

7. 1hotchickymama

Jan 12, 2012
    update: We still have the rooster, no one came to take it back so I guess he's ours. He is great with the ladies but no so with my 2yr old!! He knocked her down from behind the other day when she was trying to pet the hens. Sadly if he continues this behavior I may have to send him packing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by