What is this on his feathers?

Minky

Crowing
6 Years
Nov 4, 2017
Ontario
My Lavender Orpington rooster's feathers have a pattern that looks a bit like linen.
What is causing this?
thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8942 2.JPG
    IMG_8942 2.JPG
    547.3 KB · Views: 21
Our LO has this same light barring in her neck hackles, following out of interest.
I am a bit of a tech idiot.... how do I follow a whole thread- and how do I save a specific post that contains great info. Can I make a folder on here ? Hoping to understand a bit more, but I generally need to read and re-read genetics posts ... and then I can't find them anymore!

Breakage. Lavenders have a closely linked gene which causes breakage in the feathers, especially in the wings and tail.

I am a bit of a tech idiot.... how do I follow a whole thread- and how do I save a specific post that contains great info. Can I make a folder on here ? Hoping to understand a bit more, but I generally need to read and re-read genetics posts ... and then I can't find them anymore!
Posting in it usually causes you to follow :). I'm pretty new on here too, and to Internet forums in general, I'm still learning too 😁. After you post you will be updated with any new posts, then you can go back in your content under your username in the upper right corner.

My LO rooster also has this, it's not breakage. It has to do with genetics. I don't understand genetics but this is what I've read.

Back
Top Bottom