WHAT IS THIS???? Please help!

Wazine is only good for round worms which is difficult to diagnose unless you get a vet involved or they poop them out which doesn't happen unless you've just wormed them or the infestation is really bad. Valbazen is given orally (I usually use a dropper or syringe of some sort) so you won't have to separate him, which I wouldn't recommend unless absolutely necessary; you don't want to cause unneeded stress.
Ivermectin is a broad spectrum wormer as well but I'm not as familiar with its use. I have the impression that it's just as effective as Valbazen but is harsher on their systems.

ordered Valbazen last night. After reading all the warnings about Ivermectin, I decided against it. As a nurse, I know how just a 0.01mg or mL can make a life or death difference. I am just not willing to take that chance. THANKS SOOOOOOO MUCH!!!!

And, hey, JR THANKS YOU, TOO. He wants to look good for his girls........

Wazine is only good for round worms which is difficult to diagnose unless you get a vet involved or they poop them out which doesn't happen unless you've just wormed them or the infestation is really bad. Valbazen is given orally (I usually use a dropper or syringe of some sort) so you won't have to separate him, which I wouldn't recommend unless absolutely necessary; you don't want to cause unneeded stress.
Ivermectin is a broad spectrum wormer as well but I'm not as familiar with its use. I have the impression that it's just as effective as Valbazen but is harsher on their systems.
FYI; ivermectin is not as effective as a wormer as valbazen.

I went to tractor supply and bought IVERMECTIN POUR ON FOR CATTLE PARASITICIDE 5mg/mL

Is that the right stuff? They didn't have Valbezen.....

**I wanted to go ahead and give him something immediately. Will be 8-10 days before I get the Valbezen in the mail. ***

Last edited:
That is what I bought (but I haven't used it yet). Research the amount. I've seen varying amounts for dosage and it is essential not to overdose them.

Most recently I saw (here at BYC) 1 drop (under the feathers on the back of the neck skin) for bantams and 2 drops for LF. Nearly everyone says to use a syringe to measure. The other numbers I have seen are .25cc dropped on the back of the neck for bantams and 0.5cc for LF (but that seems like a fair amount more. I'm going to try to get the last word from one of the people I know here before I use any on them.

Sharol

Ivermectin at 5 mg/ml is 0.5%.
Published (unapproved) doses for poultry are 200 MICROgrams per kg body weight. That comes to approximately 1 ml/50 lb. Or for a 4 kg bird a bit less then 0.2 ml. I've used the injectable orally or by injection; not sure how effective the topical product is.

Do you just give the one dose of Ivermectin? Or, do you give several repeated doses? I gave him a dose on Saturday evening. Wasn't sure if I was to repeat it......

I LOVE THIS FORUM! So much knowlege...thanks for the help!

Do you just give the one dose of Ivermectin? Or, do you give several repeated doses? I gave him a dose on Saturday evening. Wasn't sure if I was to repeat it......

I LOVE THIS FORUM! So much knowlege...thanks for the help!
Wait 10-14 days before you give another dose of ivermectin pour on.

Back
Top Bottom