What is this pretty bird?

MichyA

Songster
6 Years
Jul 30, 2017
Long Island, NY
401BBB3C-B58C-4B7C-B303-6E51023BD377.jpeg
Someone is looking to rehome this pretty chicken and I’m hoping to be her(?) new home.

Owner says chicken is not sexed and is 17 weeks old. Looks like a female to me, but I’m not sure....so... what gender and breed? Thanks!!

I'd inspect that bird very closely if you decide to take her home, and ABSOLUTELY quarantine. You should quarantine any new bird, of course, but this one looks a bit ragged somehow. I'd worry that she might have parasites.
I think she's Lavender, which might explain the ragged looks (lavender stock often carries a ragged feather gene).

I'd inspect that bird very closely if you decide to take her home, and ABSOLUTELY quarantine. You should quarantine any new bird, of course, but this one looks a bit ragged somehow. I'd worry that she might have parasites.
Thank you for advice. I believe she was involved in a racoon attack and was the only survivor.

I would inspect her and treat her for mites and lice and then quarantine her. Even if she didn’t look ragged I would do it because if you don’t you can’t go back. The time she is in quarantine and lonely is a good time to make friends with her. Checking for mites and lice help her learn to be handled.

Congrats though, she’s beautiful!

I would inspect her and treat her for mites and lice and then quarantine her. Even if she didn’t look ragged I would do it because if you don’t you can’t go back. The time she is in quarantine and lonely is a good time to make friends with her. Checking for mites and lice help her learn to be handled.

Congrats though, she’s beautiful!
Thank you, I will definitely treat her. So she’s definitely female? I know she looks to be a lavender but what breed?

Back
Top Bottom