Black and gold Brahma boy (maybe girl???)

jasowenm27

Hatching
Aug 2, 2023
Hi!

Here is my 17 week old Brahma, Debby. I’m assuming that Debby is a boy but am not 100% sure.

Up until a couple of weeks ago Debby was completely black but has recently started to grow some gold feathers on the wings and head. What colour does this make him/her? Does it have anything to do with gender?

Attachments

• IMG_1115.jpeg
    IMG_1115.jpeg
    913.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1111.jpeg
    IMG_1111.jpeg
    934.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1109.jpeg
    IMG_1109.jpeg
    730.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1114.jpeg
    IMG_1114.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1108.jpeg
    IMG_1108.jpeg
    1,014.2 KB · Views: 26
Hi!

Here is my 17 week old Brahma, Debby. I’m assuming that Debby is a boy but am not 100% sure.

Up until a couple of weeks ago Debby was completely black but has recently started to grow some gold feathers on the wings and head. What colour does this make him/her? Does it have anything to do with gender?
Oh I love him he’s so fluffy!

So the gold coming in on what looks like a blue Brahma is what is called leakage. It’s a fault if you were showing that you definitely would not allow to be in your breeding program. It derives from back heritage with in his lineage. Go to Google Carolina Rare Chicks she explains the blue , black ,splash color in Brahma’s and has a couple boys similar in color as yours . Not exactly but you will get the idea.

Back
Top Bottom