What is this?? Russian Orloff?

scs287

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 23, 2011
Fort Collins,CO
So the feed store told me the one on the far right was a russian orloff, but it doesn't look like the pictures. It is also much smaller than my other chickens, even my bantams. Ideas?

Also-- is it s a roo?

83633_picture_2.png

Thanks!!!

It looks like he is to me... But I could be wrong. There are many different colors to orlof. Spangled orlofs have more head feathers. Some just look like statuesque... oh whats the word....

He/she is very pretty. How old?

And I love that white silkie.

He/she/it is about 5 months old. Good to know that they come in other varieties. It also makes a weird noise, not like my other rooster.It kind of shrieks and is flightier than my other chickens. Kind of a funny bird
smile.png

Love my silkies too, They crack me up
smile.png

he/she/it looks like it could be either of those breeds. It doesn't have any longer feathers on the neck. It is also the outcast of the coop-- every morning when I let them out to roam, it is the last to come out, and instead of coming straight out of the coop, runs in circles shrieking before zooming past my legs. It was handled the same as all of my other chickens, who are pretty darn friendly. .... I will post more pics

You have an egyptian fayoumi hen for sure. I raise a few of them myself. The chicks always have that characteristic red head. I wouldn't worry to much about the shrieking. That's just how they are.
smile.png
Very fun and self sufficient breed though.

Back
Top Bottom