What is this weird abscess thing?!

Is this lesion on her crop or is it on her breast bone? It looks like it could be a feather cyst, but if it is over her breast bone, it may be an abscessed breast blister. A feather cyst can be explored with a sterilized needle to find the feather under the skin. A breast blister can be from having constant pressure on the breast bone from lying on wet bedding on the ground or on a rough roost. Those can become abscessed, and are usually treated with cleaning and disinfecting with betadine or chlorhexidene, and squeezing out any pus that might be inside. If it is neither of those, I would see a vet.

Is this lesion on her crop or is it on her breast bone? It looks like it could be a feather cyst, but if it is over her breast bone, it may be an abscessed breast blister. A feather cyst can be explored with a sterilized needle to find the feather under the skin. A breast blister can be from having constant pressure on the breast bone from lying on wet bedding on the ground or on a rough roost. Those can become abscessed, and are usually treated with cleaning and disinfecting with betadine or chlorhexidene, and squeezing out any pus that might be inside. If it is neither of those, I would see a vet.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. It’s definitely on her crop. Off to the right of her breast bone. I’ve sprayed Vetrmycin (sp?) into it both times that I’ve messed with it.

Back
Top Bottom