What is this?

@casportpony Are you smart enough to solve this code?

No offense meant, but “smart enough” is not the proper term. It implies a person that can not or will not solve this is stupid. I find that offensive.

Knowledgeable enough in this small field does not reflect IQ. I am off a different generation than you. I was educated in the era of slide rules and the abacus.

I have neither the knowledge/education nor the desire to learn to solve identification of objects by “computer codes”.

I started this thread for people to learn about old items used in the past or new
Items used to do old chores.

I know some people that were following have stopped since it has become “ all computers all the time. I have considered leaving the thread and starting a new one as this has ceased to be interesting 50 computer parts ago.

I am sorry to be so blunt. I have hinted at this in the past and they have went unheeded.

I understand, you are staff and I can be moderated to death or I leave BYC.

If that happens so be it. I feel you have usurped what was a fun thread .

No disrespect is intended.
Thank you.

No offense meant, but “smart enough” is not the proper term. It implies a person that can not or will not solve this is stupid. I find that offensive.

Knowledgeable enough in this small field does not reflect IQ. I am off a different generation than you. I was educated in the era of slide rules and the abacus.

I have neither the knowledge/education nor the desire to learn to solve identification of objects by “computer codes”.

I started this thread for people to learn about old items used in the past or new

I know some people that were following have stopped since it has become “ all computers all the time. I have considered leaving the thread and starting a new one as this has ceased to be interesting 50 computer parts ago.

I am sorry to be so blunt. I have hinted at this in the past and they have went unheeded.

Thank you.
:goodpost:

Most of us don't have a clue of obscure internal computer parts that are not chicken/homestead related

Thank you.
Correction: I'm not a staff member.

Saying 'No offense' does not neutralize actually being offensive. That's like saying 'I don't hate you, but I hope you get a bleed in a shark tank.'

Well, I'm not smart enough to do algebra. If someone asked me if I was smart enough to solve some xy=blah blah blah, I would be the first in line to say "Sorry, I'm not smart enough for that" right before my eyes glazed over. :lol: I'm not stupid. It's just not my thing. I really don't think any offense was meant.

Well, I'm not smart enough to do algebra. If someone asked me if I was smart enough to solve some xy=blah blah blah, I would be the first in line to say "Sorry, I'm not smart enough for that" right before my eyes glazed over. :lol: I'm not stupid. It's just not my thing. I really don't think any offense was meant.
THANK YOU! :bow

Back
Top Bottom