What is this?

Um...yolk? I mean yoke?

A horse/mule collar and a draw knife?

What she said.

Yep!

A friend dropped these off the other day... I mentioned something about a draw knife last year ... but now I don’t recall what I even needed it for :rolleyes:

He had a few of the collars in his shed and gave me one to clean up and use for a little rustic decor project ...

I referred to them as mule collars and he set me straight... saying they most certainly were not...

.... apparently his gramps wouldn’t allow a mule on the farm after nearly getting killed by one as a young man.

I did not know there was a difference in mike mule and horse collars..

I don’t think there is, just a difference in folks’ attitudes toward working around mules I guess... some folks considered all mules dangerous....

....my friend’s family always kept small horses ( large ponies) that were prized for being easy to work and safe for any kid to ride ... I recall stopping by not that many years ago, and they were plowing the garden with the horses....

... so him setting me straight when I said mule collar, was just him saying those particular collars were never worn by a mule

I don’t think there is, just a difference in folks’ attitudes toward working around mules I guess... some folks considered all mules dangerous....

....my friend’s family always kept small horses ( large ponies) that were prized for being easy to work and safe for any kid to ride ... I recall stopping by not that many years ago, and they were plowing the garden with the horses....

... so him setting me straight when I said mule collar, was just him saying those particular collars were never worn by a mule

Which be a cue for me to push a tad and insist it was made for a mule...:lau:lau:lau

"On mules we find two legs behind and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find what the two behind be for."

But I really like all long-eared equines. I used to have donkeys when we first moved here.
donkey ride.JPG donkey ride.png

Lol I should have.

Here’s a picture he sent me with some things to guess ...

I’m not really sure what the thing I circled is... I’ll have to ask him sometime

View attachment 1937902

I think the circled thing is a fencing tool. A wire stretcher..

I know of two kinds the block and tackle type and the ratchet type. That appears to be ratchet type.

Back
Top Bottom