What is up with my ducky butt? Please Help!

sroberts

In the Brooder
Feb 1, 2016
I noticed this morning one of my ducks had a type of mass on its bottom. I caught her and thought it was dried up poo however it is hard and attached. She has NO problem pooping and is eating like crazy. What could it be? Whatdo I do? It did seem to have a clear liquid seep out?

I noticed this morning one of my ducks had a type of mass on its bottom. I caught her and thought it was dried up poo however it is hard and attached. She has NO problem pooping and is eating like crazy. What could it be? Whatdo I do? It did seem to have a clear liquid seep out?
It maybe a prolapse let her soak in some nice warm water for a while so she gets it cleaned up then look at it again. And post another pic.

Prolapses can happen from straining when laying an egg and need to be treated before the inside which is what it is dries out. @sroberts

If it does not go away will she be ok? She has been soaking in a bath for a while now but still seems to be there.

If it does not go away will she be ok? She has been soaking in a bath for a while now but still seems to be there.
Does it look any different? is it healthy looking or look dried? If healthy you can try pushing it back inside lube it up with some KY jelly or vaseline then try pushing it gently back inside. If it's dried I am not sure she would be okay with out a vet treating her. @sroberts

Back
Top Bottom