What is up with my turkey poult?

Hukkelberry

In the Brooder
Oct 16, 2021
I have a 14 week Narraganset turkey poult who has over the past few days gotten somewhat listless. I think he still eats some but is definitely not as vigorous as his brothers. This morning, I noticed that his eyes seemed sunken in. He still moves around but prefers to sit with his head and tail tucked down. Is this coccidiosis or black head disease? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Admittedly I don't have turkeys, but I am thinking of getting some someday so have done lots of research.
I just noticed a yellow patch in the 2nd photo is that poo?

What color are his poops? Can you take a picture?

I'm not great at helping with medical, but poops can help a lot of people here help you diagnose.

Have they been treated for coccidiosis lately? Honestly if it were me I would probably give them corid water just as a possibility since most other medicine is given directly orally, and corid is pretty safe in general.

There's honestly a lot it could be, sadly. I had a turkey display the same symptoms and she ended up having a horribly diseased liver from unknown causes. I don't imagine that's very common though.

Back
Top Bottom