What is/was the name of your 4-H club?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by vicki2x2, Aug 5, 2010.

1. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    Well, my "kids" have talked me into starting a new 4-H club after some problems with the previous administrative leader. I was the small animal leader and I did more with the kids than she did and I think she is just ready to retire. Anyway, the club was named after her ranch, so that is not an option. So give me some ideas?

2. Equus5O

Equus5O Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't think I can help, but the name of our club was "Bridles & Grooms." We were the only horse-less horse club in the county.

3. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    My 4-H club was named "Lonestar". Another big local club was "Sunflower". Those are the only two I remember off-hand, but this was back in the '70's to early '80's, so it has been awhile, LOL. Is there anything your area or region is known for? A flower/plant? A state bird? Something your club will want to be known for like a type of poultry or animal?

4. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    We do mostly small animals which are poultry (chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys), rabbits, goats, dogs, we also have one kid that does llama's and one that might do pigs. The kids are do crafts also. There are about 35 clubs in our county, several are horse clubs, some do just crafts, some do just a variety like ours. Some have names from their particular areas, some from their interests, some are just country type names, some I have no idea what they mean or where they came from.

One the kids have thought of is "Hens, Hounds and Hares". Or "Hens, Hounds, Hares & ? (Honkers, Hammies, hillbillys???) this would give them 4H's like 4-H

I have also thought of "Fair Play" kind of a play on words.

5. Fourgirlsoneboy

Fourgirlsoneboy Pullus Parvus

Aug 16, 2009
    West Virginia
    Our club is named Lucky Charms (the only boy- at the time- in our club named it). We are mostly non-animal (except 2 of my girls). The club came up with the name- I suggested 'Rocking Awesome', but that suggestion didn't make it to the chalk baord!

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  6. Duramaxgirl

Duramaxgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2010
    Idaho
    Mine was called Cocolalla kids....I think? Its been soooo many years.....sigh... I'm getting old. Cocolalla is the name of a lake close to where I live. It was a lot of fun, and We were almost all 4-H dog. My leader retired and the group is not around any more.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  7. destiny_56085

destiny_56085 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Sleepy Eye, MN
    In our county they were all named after the townships... Sleepy Eye Wide Awakes, Stark Happy Hustlers, Leavenworth Achievers, Eden Skyrockets, Comfrey Comets, etc. You didn't have to belong to a certain club just because you lived in a certain area. Some were known for being ag related, others were the town kids only.

8. KinderKorner

KinderKorner Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Southern Illinois
    Ours was orignally SONshine Workers. Because we are christian. But they had to change it, and switched to the Patriots.

Some surrounding ones are Lucky Clovers, Winehill Toppers, Southside, Preston Independence, Outback Riders....

Most of them were named from the area they were from.

I think the Hens, Hounds, and Hares is way too long. I would go with something shorter.

9. vicki2x2

vicki2x2 Super Chick

Feb 9, 2008
    Central Michigan
    We have several named for the areas they are from, but since there are 35 clubs in our county, most of those are taken already. I thought Hens, Hounds and Hares was a little long too, but as the kids pointed out, names in our county vary from short (i.e. Maurer) to really long (i.e. Forever In Reach Show Team, Gresham Grain Grinders, Vermonville Jr. Farmers, Royston Rockets & Ranchers, etc). I personally like something that is about two words. I grew up in Kountry Kids. Ironically we have a Country Kids here or I would consider that.

Thanks for all the names and ideas, keep them coming! It will give me some ideas to take to the kids, hopefully we can toss some ideas around and come up with something we all agree on.

10. Jeeper1540

Jeeper1540 Chillin' With My Peeps

all the ones around my area are named after the town or community they are based in

maybe "Valley 4-H" or "Rocky Point 4-H"

just throwing some names out there

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by