What is/was the name of your 4-H club?

vicki2x2

Super Chick
11 Years
Feb 9, 2008
Central Michigan
Well, my "kids" have talked me into starting a new 4-H club after some problems with the previous administrative leader. I was the small animal leader and I did more with the kids than she did and I think she is just ready to retire. Anyway, the club was named after her ranch, so that is not an option. So give me some ideas?

My 4-H club was named "Lonestar". Another big local club was "Sunflower". Those are the only two I remember off-hand, but this was back in the '70's to early '80's, so it has been awhile, LOL. Is there anything your area or region is known for? A flower/plant? A state bird? Something your club will want to be known for like a type of poultry or animal?

We do mostly small animals which are poultry (chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys), rabbits, goats, dogs, we also have one kid that does llama's and one that might do pigs. The kids are do crafts also. There are about 35 clubs in our county, several are horse clubs, some do just crafts, some do just a variety like ours. Some have names from their particular areas, some from their interests, some are just country type names, some I have no idea what they mean or where they came from.

One the kids have thought of is "Hens, Hounds and Hares". Or "Hens, Hounds, Hares & ? (Honkers, Hammies, hillbillys???) this would give them 4H's like 4-H

I have also thought of "Fair Play" kind of a play on words.

Our club is named Lucky Charms (the only boy- at the time- in our club named it). We are mostly non-animal (except 2 of my girls). The club came up with the name- I suggested 'Rocking Awesome', but that suggestion didn't make it to the chalk baord!

Last edited:
Mine was called Cocolalla kids....I think? Its been soooo many years.....sigh... I'm getting old. Cocolalla is the name of a lake close to where I live. It was a lot of fun, and We were almost all 4-H dog. My leader retired and the group is not around any more.

Last edited:
In our county they were all named after the townships... Sleepy Eye Wide Awakes, Stark Happy Hustlers, Leavenworth Achievers, Eden Skyrockets, Comfrey Comets, etc. You didn't have to belong to a certain club just because you lived in a certain area. Some were known for being ag related, others were the town kids only.

Ours was orignally SONshine Workers. Because we are christian. But they had to change it, and switched to the Patriots.

Some surrounding ones are Lucky Clovers, Winehill Toppers, Southside, Preston Independence, Outback Riders....

Most of them were named from the area they were from.

I think the Hens, Hounds, and Hares is way too long. I would go with something shorter.

We have several named for the areas they are from, but since there are 35 clubs in our county, most of those are taken already. I thought Hens, Hounds and Hares was a little long too, but as the kids pointed out, names in our county vary from short (i.e. Maurer) to really long (i.e. Forever In Reach Show Team, Gresham Grain Grinders, Vermonville Jr. Farmers, Royston Rockets & Ranchers, etc). I personally like something that is about two words. I grew up in Kountry Kids. Ironically we have a Country Kids here or I would consider that.

Thanks for all the names and ideas, keep them coming! It will give me some ideas to take to the kids, hopefully we can toss some ideas around and come up with something we all agree on.

Back
Top Bottom