What is wrong help needed

Please specify chicken or duck. Have you candled the egg to see if there is an internal pip? When you say the chick is moving in the egg has the chick pipped and zipped and is stuck?

If it hasn't hatched yet, I doubt it will at this point. Try candling it and find out if it has internally pipped (broken through the membrane into the air sac). I have read that you should see the beak if it has. There are some threads on here about assisted hatching if you want to look.

The others hatched out pretty well

Attachments

• CD5A1ABB-6059-4FE1-AC2C-50CCB2229F38.jpeg
    CD5A1ABB-6059-4FE1-AC2C-50CCB2229F38.jpeg
    469.4 KB · Views: 4
If you think it’s still alive, check out the assisted hatching threads and give it a try. Worst case scenario, the chick doesn’t survive your efforts. But it will die for sure if you do nothing. It was set at the same time as the others, wasn’t it?

The best thing you can do to help is not rush the chick. I also had one do this too. In my case the chick had pipped internally into the air sac. After waiting an extra 12 hours I "helped" the chick by creating a very small hole in the shell at the air sac just to allow the chick to get oxygen. By the next morning the chick had finished the hatch on it's own. I could see along the way that the chick was moving and if I picked the egg up and tapped it he would peep at me. :D
Here's a link to the post about assisted hatching:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching.64660/

The best thing you can do to help is not rush the chick. I also had one do this too. In my case the chick had pipped internally into the air sac. After waiting an extra 12 hours I "helped" the chick by creating a very small hole in the shell at the air sac just to allow the chick to get oxygen. By the next morning the chick had finished the hatch on it's own. I could see along the way that the chick was moving and if I picked the egg up and tapped it he would peep at me. :D
Here's a link to the post about assisted hatching:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching.64660/
This is the thread I was thinking of. Thanks for posting it.

Back
Top Bottom