What is wrong with her?

ChickenGirl555

Crowing
5 Years
Oct 22, 2017
Wisconsin
My Coop
My Coop
My Easter Egger, Robin, has been showing signs of sickness yesterday and today. She seems slower than usual and just not herself, and when I picked her up to check for mites and lice, she ended up throwing up yellow liquid. I have her inside my house because I’m hoping it’s just heat exhaustion, but what do you think could be wrong? I’m hoping it’s not a disease of some sort.

Of course, it could be anything on the long, very long list of chickens diseases, but it sounds like sour crop is a possible issue, if not the underlying problem.

Be very careful to avoid pressure on the crop that could trigger vomiting since it could back up into the airway and kill the hen instantly. By gently feeling, does her crop feel overly full and spongy? Or overly full, hard and lumpy?

What does her poop look like? Does she lay? When was the last time you got an egg from her? How old is she?

Of course, it could be anything on the long, very long list of chickens diseases, but it sounds like sour crop is a possible issue, if not the underlying problem.

Be very careful to avoid pressure on the crop that could trigger vomiting since it could back up into the airway and kill the hen instantly. By gently feeling, does her crop feel overly full and spongy? Or overly full, hard and lumpy?

What does her poop look like? Does she lay? When was the last time you got an egg from her? How old is she?
Im not home at the moment but not that you mention it, there haven’t been any eggs from her for a few weeks now, and she was born August 2nd 2017

Back
Top Bottom