What is wrong with his eye???

This fella is to spend his days with the ladies....The MG does look like it can be it. After the replies, I looked it up. Symptoms does fit. Now to treating it. Like I mentioned I already gave him a few droplets of vetRX. This is what the guys at the feed store recommended for all respiratory problems. But is there anything else I can try?
Great! I'm glad you have started some research on MG.
I suppose you did read that there is no cure, the disease is communicable, birds are carriers for life, it's transmitted on dust/dander and it can also be transmitted into eggs as well (one of the few that is transmitted both vertically and horizontally). You may find this helpful.
https://extension.umd.edu/sites/ext... Mycoplasma gallisepticum (MG) Infecti....pdf

I would try to get some Tylosin if possible and see if that helps. Hopefully you can get some.

Update: tylosin came in yesterday. Mixed it and filled up his water this morning. Got home an hour ago, went to check on my boy. Breathing gotten worst. His normal breathing is heavier. I look down his throat and there are small white stuff on the roof of his throat. Canker....

Not the roof of his beak but down his throat. There's some white specks around the inside of his throat. Hard to see at night. But wasn't like that last weekend or the days before. No smell. I was given some meds. Cross my fingers to see if it works.

Damn. My little rooster is gone. Hope you are in a better place. I was talking about it with a buddy of mine. He said my bird had a respiratory infection that blocked his stomach and lungs. Gasping for air the last few days he was here with me. 😭😭

Back
Top Bottom