What is wrong with his eye?

This is all copied-and-pasted information, and it's not very helpful. This bird is not showing clear symptoms of Fowl Cholera. His swelling is around his eye, not his comb and wattles. He doesn't have a purple head. He is showing ONE symptom and it's not one of FC. You jumped to a conclusion and posted a ton of directly plagiarized information without giving credit to the source. Perhaps don't make posts like this in the future? 🙂 Not trying to be rude, sorry if I seem like I am.
Thank you for reminding me to cite it. I am sooooo sorry for not citing, thanks for reminding me. Yes you do see, rude but I forgive you!

Can you see the eye or get it open? Are there any bubbles or foam, or pus in the eye? Do you have mosquitoes out right now? What is your general location? I’m not sure what that is, but it might be from a sting, something like fowl pox, but it could be tumors. Is the other eye okay?
The eye does not open. I cleaned it with some gauze yesterday and there was no discharge of any kind on the gauze. No mosquitos yet, we are in Wisconsin on a wooded lot, but the chickens stay close the the house. The other eye is starting to swell a bit ... the lid looks slightly puffier than all the other chickens, but nothing like the swollen shut eye. (See attached)

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 11.34.06 AM.png

I think we are all just guessing here trying to be helpful. Do you have any idea if something could have bitten or stung your chicken? Ants, bees, wasps, etc. Is a vet possible to help with a diagnosis? Have you seen any other symptoms?
It could be a bee or wasp, we don't have many in the yard but there are some. I contacted two vets, neither deal with birds.

Is he a pet or will you be eating him? If a pet, and if the swelling doesn't go down in a day or two you could try an antibiotic.

Update - He is okay now! The swelling started going down after a couple days. We gave him a 3 day dose of antibiotics just incase. He is completely back to normal. Thank you everyone for your help!

Back
Top Bottom