What Is Wrong With My Chicken?

JuliaOlivia

In the Brooder
Jun 12, 2017
I have one chicken(I think it is a buff orphington that got mixed up with our chickens) that does not look great. Last month sometime Goldie(the chicken) got locked outside one night. It was wet and cold, but it went inside and ate some feed and drank some water. Goldie was fine, until now. Her comb is strangely greyish red and it is droopy. There are about 5 bars of our roost open(all about 5 ft long) and Goldie sleeps on the floor. Besides her combs and not being active she seems fine. She goes outside but just sits 12 ft away from the door. She used to run/fly a long way away from the coop. What is wrong with Goldie? We bed our coop with wood shavings and sometimes shredded paper. I will post a picture of her later today.

She seems lighter for her breed. I think she is a Buff Orphington so she is a little heavier than the rest of our layer breeds.

So I checked on her. Her comb isn't really grey any more but its pale. She is still in the same spot as last night. Sorry I can't get a picture of her until about 10 am.

She seems lighter for her breed. I think she is a Buff Orphington so she is a little heavier than the rest of our layer breeds.
Always feel her breast ----if you mainly feel her breast bone----very little meat at all on it---she might be wormy----when is the last time you wormed them-----Let me add this too----I wormed mine and in a couple months they were weak, sick and some died-----they were eat up with Tape worms when I had a necropsy done----The Vet stated the Worst case she had ever seen with tape worms. Maybe Not your case.

One other thing---has she started laying, still laying? How does her abdomen feel?

Still laying(I think) she moved from the feeder to the waterer outside the coop I guess thats good.

Is this a buff orphington? well this is the chicken whatever breed she is

Back
Top Bottom