What is wrong with my chicken?

haileesherd

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 3, 2010
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew what could be wrong with my 4 month old RIR bantam. He is kind of just sitting there, closing his eyes, with his tail down. He is shaking a little like he is cold but it is 90 degrees out. He had a green, runny stool. He is normally active, so I know something is wrong. You can tell he is sick by his eyes. What can I do to help him and what is wrong? Thanks everyone.

It's about 90 degrees here. I put him next to water and he drank. He isn't really hungry. Right now he is just roosting, with his eyes closed.

Last edited:
Look him over really good for lice and or mites. Around his vent - does he have small clumps of poo looking material stuck to his feathers? If so, he possibly/probably has a lice infestation. Dust him with Sevin 5% dust or give him a bath in Dawn dishwashing det. Retreat him in 7 days.

Nope, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have lice or mites. I just don't want the other chickens to catch whatever he has.

Green diarrhea can mean several different things. I wish I could help you more-hopefully someone else will have an answer for your little guy. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom