What is wrong with my keet?? Please help ASAP!

Chickluver<3

Hatching
8 Years
Jul 30, 2011
My keets are 3weeks old. One of them is always laying down, extending his wing, falls over, and is just weak. Please Help!! What is it? Whats wrong? Can i help it? Cant go to vet. I already lost 2, I dont want to lose another! HELP!!
barnie.gif

well i live in Michigaan and its around 93 outside...their in a brooder in the pole barn... Im pretty sure its eating and drinking...there eating chick feed...no mold, anywhere.... new bedding cleaned it out this moring...im new to chicks, 1st time rasing them.

its Dumor Chick starter/grower. its says a complete formula for starting chickens, ducks and geese and growing chickens, ducks, geese, turkeys, Quail, pheasant, and chukair.
it is not medicated or has amprolium.

Hmm, it's been a long time since I raised keets. Trying to think what could be wrong here. Wish I was more help. The weekends are a bit slow on BYC, but I know you're stressing. How are the poops? Have you seen any blood in them?

Smell the feed and run your hands through it. See if it smells weird or has lumps. If it has lumps, it's been wet and has mold in it.

Yes, crumble should be free-flowing, not lumped together. If it's lumped together, it's been wet and probably has mold. I don't have good feelings about Dumor feed, personally, due to all the incidents of mold we've read about here on BYC. If it is caked together anywhere, you need to get new feed ASAP. Till then, scramble some eggs for them. Moldy feed kills quickly.

Back
Top Bottom