What is wrong with this egg? Is my chicken okay?

OhDangBro

Chirping
Oct 26, 2020
Hey all,

So I found a very weird egg recently. I have attached pictures if anyone could help. This egg is a lot lighter and has weird splotches(?). It is still hard, I'm just unsure why it looks like this. Some background information is: My chickens are about one year old, we just went through a winter with snow covering the ground for three weeks, so the chickens didn't get out much. All seem to be healthy to me. Any suggestions from anybody would be appreciated!
tempImageIjA2KI.jpg
tempImagef3DEwW.jpg
tempImageBvu9sm.jpg

I forgot to add this information: Yesterday a hawk tried to get my chickens and they all ended up running and hiding(luckily all were safe) but were separated and all stayed hidden for about an hour. Could this be from nerves/anxiety over the hawk attack?

I forgot to add this information: Yesterday a hawk tried to get my chickens and they all ended up running and hiding(luckily all were safe) but were separated and all stayed hidden for about an hour. Could this be from nerves/anxiety over the hawk attack?
Stress could have possibly caused it. Look at "body checked" eggs in the link below.
I would wait and see if this is a one time thing or if it becomes consistent.

https://www.yellowbirchhobbyfarm.com/weird-eggs-101-the-oddities-explained/

Back
Top Bottom