What is your 2022 chick order list?

From Cackle:

4 Splash Americauna for blue eggs and blue egg genetics (straight run, wish me 50/50!)

4 Buff Orpington for my daughter (pullets)

4 Easter Egger for rainbow egg basket (pullets)

3 Welsummer for speckled eggs and speckled genetics (pullets)

3 Black Laced Red Wyandotte to see if they are talkative and friendly like our BLRW and for black/red lacing genetics (pullets)

4 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes to add to my favorite two talkative birds and for the blue lacing genetics (3 pullets, 1 cockerel)

I have ambitions to start a small-scale project for a hobby. Wish me luck!

From Cackle:

4 Splash Americauna for blue eggs and blue egg genetics (straight run, wish me 50/50!)

4 Buff Orpington for my daughter (pullets)

4 Easter Egger for rainbow egg basket (pullets)

3 Welsummer for speckled eggs and speckled genetics (pullets)

3 Black Laced Red Wyandotte to see if they are talkative and friendly like our BLRW and for black/red lacing genetics (pullets)

4 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes to add to my favorite two talkative birds and for the blue lacing genetics (3 pullets, 1 cockerel)

I have ambitions to start a small-scale project for a hobby. Wish me luck!
If you buy the blue laced, odds are about 1/3-1/2 will be black laced.

As in, they will come black laced instead of blue laced? 😥

If it's in regards to the offspring coming out black laced, that I am aware of and okay with. And the hopes for some splash offspring to mix in there as well!
Yes. They breed Blue to Blue which results in roughly .25 black, .5 blue and .25 splash chicks being hatched

As in, they will come black laced instead of blue laced? 😥

If it's in regards to the offspring coming out black laced, that I am aware of and okay with. And the hopes for some splash offspring to mix in there as well!
Here's a helpful BBS chart.
bbs-chart.jpg

Yes. They breed Blue to Blue which results in roughly .25 black, .5 blue and .25 splash chicks being hatched
Phew that I'm definitely okay with! It's mostly for fun with the kiddo but I may eventually convince hubby to let me do a small scale hatchery in a few years.

Here's a helpful BBS chart.View attachment 2946543
Easy reference, I love it thank you! I have it written out on a sticky note on my white board currently 😅

Phew that I'm definitely okay with! It's mostly for fun with the kiddo but I may eventually convince hubby to let me do a small scale hatchery in a few years.

Easy reference, I love it thank you! I have it written out on a sticky note on my white board currently 😅
You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom