What is your birds favorite toy ???

Discussion in 'Caged Birds - Finches, Canaries, Cockatiels, Parro' started by PaigeHgibson, May 13, 2011.

1. PaigeHgibson

PaigeHgibson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    okay anyone on here who has Parrots knows how important toys are for any parrots mental stimulation

bare eyed too with his favorite toy ( he can't destroy it as easy LoL )

[​IMG]

My quaker sammies favorite toy is me [​IMG] he will not touch anything in his cage he sits their all day just waiting
    he plays with my hair or rides in a tank top yelling Peekaboo

[​IMG]

The two blue crowns have a facination with bells
    [​IMG]

My Sunconure loves to play on the playgym but she loves all toys
    [​IMG]

My tiels are typical cockatiels ( in love with themselves) MIRRORS

2. iloveanimals

iloveanimals Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2011
    My cockatiels Charlie and Aussie both LOVE bells.

3. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    My cockatiel loves to play inside of a paper bag at the bottom of his cage. He makes a nest in there of paper he has chewed, eats treats in there and just loves the shred the entire thing!

4. chickenjones

chickenjones Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Burleson, TX
    I am still figuring out Tinkerbell. she loves the toys she has though. she has one of those balls with all the holes in it. I have been sticking things in the holes like papertowels. OH MAN WHAT FUN! She loves this other thing that hangs from her play perch...from her previous owners as well. It has a shell on it and some other stuff. She loves her some paper towel though! Maybe I will try getting her something with a bell. I am going to the Bird Mart in Ft. Worth this weekend to shop for her and I am so excited! [​IMG]

5. PaigeHgibson

PaigeHgibson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    awesome ! try the parrot Piniatas my birds LOVE them

6. Scylla@aol.com

[email protected] Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    Cat ball with a bell in it. My keet likes to play basketball with it, throwing it into his bowls. Also have one hanging on a string and he likes to sling it and then duck!

7. yinepu

yinepu Overrun With Chickens

the TV.. my congo african grey is lost when it's not on.. he's a movie critic and has learned too darn much from it.. from comments to songs to dancing with the music ... and he complains when his favorite characters aren't on... so yeah.. definitely the TV

8. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

On his own, my cockatiel loves to shred paper with seeds hidden inside. Else, he likes to play fetch with a cat ball with a bell in it to get seeds. :p

9. featherfinder

featherfinder Runner Lover

I have 2 sun conures. Sonny loves this green piece of fleece thing that you tie to the inside of the cage. I forgot what its called. He will sit there and attack it and play with it all day long. He chewed the ties off one time and he didnt have it for a week till i fixed it. He was so lost. cause that is also where he sleeps. Sammy on the other hand loves his green ball. Its a green plastic ball that hangs from the top of the cage and has a bell in it and Its like mesh with the bell on a chain to the center of the green ball which makes it hard to get to and tear off. Sammy swings upside down and plays and tried to get the ball out all the time. So fun to watch! especially when he gets dizzy from the ball spining in cicles with him on it. He just goes to a corner with his head moving from side to side till he can see agian lol

10. bagendhens

bagendhens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
    Outside the Boundries
    my linnies dont realy play...so id say eachother.

the macaw though, his favorite toy is themost silly thing...
    the plastic scoops that come in my protein shake tub (or baby formular ect)
    he LOVES them...wears them like a hat, scoops his water with them, throws and carries them around, chews on them ect...
    ive come to the conclusion buying expensive toys for him is slly, those paper finger traps, plastic scoops and wiffle balls seem to do the trick.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by