What is your "catch phrase"?

SunChick

Songster
12 Years
Feb 23, 2007
Bel Air, Maryland
What catch phrase or popular phrase do you use all the time that family and friends associate you with? I use the phrase from the golden corral commercial all the time "The bird says no!" complete with pirate accent for my son when I tell him no. I've expanded it to include the dog, the horses etc when he keeps asking. He ends up giggling and tells me they say yes lol
lol.png
. I've even got my fiance' telling him no using the same phrase. My students also get included in whatever phrases I am using with my son, I can't tell you how many times I've asked them if they have their "handy dandy notebooks" etc, they get the picture real quick that I have a young child.

Last edited:
Ive made up songs for manners

'May I have some please' going up the scale and down the scale (do re mi fa so)
for example.
Works like a charm. I find myself singing it to my SO as well
lol.png

Oh when I dont hear what my SO or kids say I sing that song:
"Wha Wha What did you sayyyyy' from that Jason Derulo (sp?)

I have two - if the kids answer some question with "I don't know." My response is "If you had a little brother do you think he'd know?" My dad used to say that one to us when we were kids. Of course, it only works if they don't have one - so you may need to change it to sister
wink.png

And then, when the kids fuss because I get some special privlege, say the last cookie in the box. I say "Hey, it's one of the perks of being the Mom. If there weren't perks, no one would take the job"
bun.gif

Mine would be:

"If I didn't ask, you wouldnt have the opprotunity to tell me no."

I have tons but for the children....

when they say "I want....." I say "well I want a million dollars so I guess neither of us is getting what we want"

Back
Top Bottom