What is your chickens' favorite treat?

I am going to get off my lazy butt right now & go try the peanut butter! Fun! Fun!

Right now, mine love maters and popcorn. (No salt or butter for them.) Grapes are also a favorite for mine, but they don't get them often because my daughter eats them faster than I can buy them.

Quote:
Mine don't get treats every day, but it's nice being able to give our chickens table scraps instead of having to throw them out. I know people have said chickens can and will eat chicken, but I just can't go there with mine...
sickbyc.gif

needmorechickens! :

Yogurt, watermelon, tomatoes, grapes!
(great...now i'm hungry!)
wink.png

~Rebecca

LOL!

if my girls won't/can't eat it, it either goes in my compost bin, or the trash. between the chickens, the compost bin, my insistence on using my 'solar powered clothes dryer' (aka the clothesline) my neighbors think i'm a bit odd.

my joke is that we are the clampetts of the block *cheesy grin*​

Quote:
Mine have never got sick on anything i have given them, I make sure not to give them things with alot of salt or sugar. The donuts they get occasionally are just plain cake donuts not the glazed or sugar coated ones. Nothing wrong with a little extra calcium in their scrambled eggs which is why i add cheese

Quote:
I just want to reassure you that it doesn't add up to that great a percentage of their daily food intake...most of the foods mentioned in this post have value as extra protein or vities from fruits & veggies, and adding some starch has never adversely affected our "girls" as long as you avoid additives such as salt, and other no-no's on the chicken treats list, posted elsewhere. Treats help extend the expensive chicken food, gives them some fun and excitement, and gently bribes them into loving us! It's a win-win situation.
yippiechickie.gif

Funniest treat to watch mine eat...Lobster shells.
Messiest treat...watermelon, cantalope, anything with a rind, they do the typewriter peck. tick tick tick tick..zzzzzzzzzzziiiiiipp. melon juice flying.
smile.png

Popcorn, our leghorn who gives everything to his ladylove, will hog a plum or peach all to hisself. He starts in on his chirpy i just found something chirp, 'Yssa hen comes to inspect his find, his picks up plum and growls at her. "this mine, woman, go get your own"
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom