What is your craziest/funniest chicken story?!?

OMG!! They just keep getting better!
lau.gif

My dad has some young chickens, around 3 months old, that free range with their game 'mama'. They are a mixed bunch that he bought for her, since her eggs weren't fertile.
Anyway, these guys like to roost right above the doorway to the barn, and almost everytime I walk in there, I swear one of them just waits for me. As soon as I get underneath them, zoom! A big ole bunch of chickie poo goes whizzing by my head!!
Like I said, I think they just hold it forever to see who can get me! Good thing their aim is off!!
lau.gif

lau.gif
Sounds like we need to be walking around with umbrellas. My hen doesn't egg me anymore and it is a good thing b/c it was getting old cleaning up egg off my porch everyday. Crazy hen

Years ago, my husband's family had chickens. I had never been around a chicken in my life. I was terrified of them.

They all went out of town and I was left with the duties of feeding, watering, and collecting the eggs. I was scared to death to put my hand in that nest. So, I went into the house and got my MIL's brand new oven mitts to collect the eggs. What was I thinking?

That was about 12 years ago and I still haven't lived it down!!

This story had me laughing so hard I was crying at work.

My mother calls to tell me the chickens are in my bedroom. She said she heard peeping from the hallway and thought it was a little loud. So she opened the door and the Roo was standing on the night stand and the 2 hens were on the headboard. I left my windows and blinds up that morning and the dd (dear donkey) pulled the screens out of the 2 side windows and the chickens decided it was a good place to rooster. I told her to go back in and shoo them out. So, now here is the mental picture: Mom is sneaking in the room talking in a whisper on the cordless phone she says "do you hear them?" and the Roo lets out a crow! Then there is just mayhem of clucking, crowing, and mom yelling "get out! get out!" I just the roo and one hen went out easily and the other hen she chased all around the room. I was about to wet myself I was laughing so hard listening to all of this on the phone. Mom was not quite as entertained!

LOL at all these stories!!! I have 2 which i have posted on here beofre but to those who havent heard them here it goes....
I was outside taking pics of the chickens in the lilac bushes. I crouched down to get a clear pic and felt this thwap in my rear end, I turned around and there stood my white cochin bantam roo crash looking like he was snickering, He has since had his spurs trimmed!!!

Second story... I was having my morning coffee and donut sitting outside in a lawn chair watching the chickens in the yard. I was holding the hand with the donut in it down beside the chair enjoying the show and out of nowhere this tiny little dutch hen i have comes out of nowhere, snatches the donut and makes a b line for the old chevy sitting in the driveway, dragging it under the truck. The other chickens caught wind of the ordeal and come running up to the hen partaking in the almighty stolen donut feast
lol.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom