What is your "cut off date" for selling eggs?

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
I'm anticipating that I may not have egg customers every day since we live in a very rural area. I'll be storing eggs in my frig. until sale or use. I collect eggs at least three times a day. I let the eggs sit on my counter until they get to room temp., then I clean off any dirt spots and refrigerate. So how long can they sit in my frig. before I don't sell them to customers?

Quote:
Well, I don't actually "wash" them. I've followed the advice I got here on BYC about drying my hands with a paper towel after washing and then using the damp towel to lightly brush off any dirt specks off the eggs.
A month sounds just right to me. Thanks.

Shoot, yeah... once people find out, you won't ever eat another of your own eggs again!
lol.png

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

Shoot, yeah... once people find out, you won't ever eat another of your own eggs again!
lol.png

Yeah really. Even the realtor that dealt with our house wants fresh eggs from us and I still have WEEKS to wait!!!
lol.png

Mrs. AK-BIRD-BRAIN you are so right, my dh is not happy because we have not had any farm fresh eggs for three weeks now, the orders are waiting to be filled before the eggs are laid. I tell my dh don't count your chicken money before the eggs are laid. He does not want store bought eggs so we aren't eating eggs. It was actually his idea to place the Meyer order for 25 brown egg layers. I had to beg to get my first 5 chickens four years ago, now we have 18 and 25 more on the way.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom