What is your dog's favourite toy? Is it the cheapest??

Quote:
That sounds a great toy - and it cost nothing!! There are loads of bought toys in a box and it is always the same ball and bits of hats and stuff that my 2 play with. They love to rip up a cardboard box of any size.

We've been through at least $200 in puppy / doggy toys and my Heeler is just 9 mos. old. At one point she got super bored with dog toys and started doing naughty things, like chewing up shoes and the kids toys. I finally broke down and bought her a ribeye bone that come packaged by Hartz. They are only around $3.50, which is nothing compared to nice dog toys! Her favorite right now is the beef knuckle bone, which is the same price. She chews and chews and chews all week long on that bone and at the end of the week I replace it with a new one. She never chews on anything else anymore!
smile.png

My dog likes sticks, cleaning cloths (any rag left in the yard), socks
and his BALL!!! Loves the ball. He is my first retreiver mix and I am amazed how hard-wired fetching is for him.

22501_008.jpg

Cherry-knuckle bones

Zita-card board boxes, empty toilet paper and paper towel rolls, plastic bottles, any stuffy that can be "killed" and de-stuffed...often seems to think Ira, her father, is her chew toy...

Ira-plastic bottles, knuckle bones

Lila-prey drive over the top so anything that moves ie., lizards, frogs, toads, bugs, snakes and the ducks if she could get to them...

all Dobermans and they will do head stands for puppy training biscuits

I gave up on buying regular dog toys as they just look at them with a "what do you expect me to do with that?" expression on their faces...I sometimes get a bag of stuffed toys at the good will for ten cents each and after washing, dump them in the floor...it is total mayhem as all of them seem to think it is a contest to see how many and how fast they can all be destroyed...

all inside dogs, three of whom sleep on the bed with me at night...I often wake up in the middle of the night hanging off the bed and freezing...they have the pillows, the blankets and almost all of the bed...I know they wait until I am deep in sleep and then conspire to move me to the edge just short of crashing to the floor...Lila is a new addition and a rescue undergoing heartworm treatment...she does not have bed access and spends much time in a crate...we have to drive slow with her until she is well...

Hmmm....probably an empty soda bottle. Yeah, I think that is Reno's favorite toy, but he'll play with just about anything. There was that time he asked me to throw dryer lint for him. No I didn't' do it, but suffice it to say Reno is a different kind of dog biscuit.

I've gone through all the Nyla-bones, Kongs, Ropey type toys, squeek toys (all squeek toys must die sez Otis) finally found one they CANT destroy...................

A Coconut!! My dogs love the coconuts, they are like a buck a piece, they can smell there is good stuff inside, but they just cannot break them. Try it, it's hysterical

This is Josey's favorite toy, but....

16520_dsci0103.jpg

....it unfortunately looks like this in about 5 minutes:

16520_076.jpg

Tyson is old & grumpy, & prefers his blankie (which he obsessively nibbles, but doesn't tear up) to regular toys:
16520_tyson94.jpg

Silly dogs.
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom