What is Your DREAM Flock? (And What's Realistic?)

Pics

feathermaid

Egg Obsessed
5 Years
Feb 5, 2018
Northwest Oregon
My Coop
My Coop
My dream flock would consist of one of probably every breed (of course!) but sadly, I cannot have what I want where I live.

I am totally egg obsessed and trying to achieve the most colorful egg basket (and colorful chickens) with the least amount of birds possible in my suburban backyard. Seasonal availability and hatchery minimums are somewhat a hinderance, so I'm dependent on what my local feed store happens to carry.

My current laying birds include Easter Egger, Buff Orp and Blue Wyandotte. I just got 2 little chicks Sunday... Black Dominant Copper and an Olive Egger. I wanted to get one more, a white or cream egg layer... the store's getting a new shipment tomorrow. Can't decide between White Leghorn, Sicilian Buttercup, Speckled Sussex or.... Columbian Wyandotte-just because I want a white chicken and they're so beautiful even though they lay brown eggs.

Oh, decisions decisions!! What should I do??? I just want them all!!!!!!!

Mocha:Jellybean.jpg

flappy-chick.gif

My dream flock would consist of one of probably every breed (of course!) but sadly, I cannot have what I want where I live.

I am totally egg obsessed and trying to achieve the most colorful egg basket (and colorful chickens) with the least amount of birds possible in my suburban backyard. Seasonal availability and hatchery minimums are somewhat a hinderance, so I'm dependent on what my local feed store happens to carry.

My current laying birds include Easter Egger, Buff Orp and Blue Wyandotte. I just got 2 little chicks Sunday... Black Dominant Copper and an Olive Egger. I wanted to get one more, a white or cream egg layer... the store's getting a new shipment tomorrow. Can't decide between White Leghorn, Sicilian Buttercup, Speckled Sussex or.... Columbian Wyandotte-just because I want a white chicken and they're so beautiful even though they lay brown eggs.

Oh, decisions decisions!! What should I do??? I just want them all!!!!!!!

View attachment 1732016

A speckled Sussex would fit in really good with what you have

Back
Top Bottom