What is your dream job?

What is your dream job?

• Total voters
haha being a librarian because it is quiet. That really depends on what kind of library. I love my school librarian job because I did not expect it to be quiet, and I never knew what a day would bring. Certainly there are librarian jobs that are quiet but it truly depends on what kind of library.
My youngest child is a free-lance digital artist/animator. She loves her work and does well at it.
Follow you dreams. You could be both.

haha being a librarian because it is quiet. That really depends on what kind of library. I love my school librarian job because I did not expect it to be quiet, and I never knew what a day would bring. Certainly there are librarian jobs that are quiet but it truly depends on what kind of library.
My youngest child is a free-lance digital artist/animator. She loves her work and does well at it.
Follow you dreams. You could be both.
Ah, I'd love to see some of her art! I'm a little too young to make money off of my art yet, but it's definitely my passion project!

First I realize this was posted a couple of months ago but I am just found this thread.

I have to react. Please be careful of the assumptions you are making. I am 67 and for Christmas received a t-shirt that reads : Underestimate me. That will be fun.
Not much I can't do from raising animals, farming, home renovations, etc. Do admit I'm not great at engines though but I did fix my own ride-on mower last year.

I had my dream job. Elementary school librarian. Not your average librarian as I had a high tolerance for noise from children sharing reading. Always had pets in the library. Worked in a large city school but owned 150 acres of bush so did nature education with my collection of bones, feathers, photographs. Certainly the most popular was my poop collection - mice to moose.

Retired and volunteer in school reading programs and literacy programs for adults.
Can't wait for this Covid stuff to be done because we are in lock down here. I can get back to it.
It's wonderful that at our age, you are still fit enough to be able to do all the things you love to do. I envy you. My comment was a caveat to young people, who do not know, in their 20's, what life is going to be like for them in their later years. Carpe diem! (Sieze the day!)

I really want to be a free-lance digital artist/animator.

However, if that doesn't work out for whatever reason, I'd love to either work with animals or be a librarian. I'm incredibly sensitive to noise, so a librarian would be a perfect fit lol.
Oh yes! In my youth I had thought of going to work for Disney. That would have been so fun! That was back when every cel was hand drawn. Good luck to you if you pursue this, there's lots of demand in the entertainment field!

I secretly dream of being a semi-reclusive artist who has a small home with a large yard, snuggles with puppy dogs, watches chickens cavort in the yard, and sells paintings to pay for it all. But that's mainly just my dream when the fam is stressing me out.
Keep those paint brushes clean, ya never know! 👍

When I grow up, I want to be this guy (Mongol Falconer):

605550130218152712acbc1a6b87ca26.jpg

If I can't be him, then close seconds would be a dog trainer, writer, or interior designer.

Thanks for creating an inspirational thread!
20210306_232614.jpg
I was wondering if there is anyone interested in like art, painting, and stuff like that? That is not my dream job but I would love to have free time to do stuff like that.
(I have been working on calligraphy so far this year) :)

Attachments

• 20210306_232614.jpg
    20210306_232614.jpg
    338.6 KB · Views: 1
Oh yes! In my youth I had thought of going to work for Disney. That would have been so fun! That was back when every cel was hand drawn. Good luck to you if you pursue this, there's lots of demand in the entertainment field!
Oooh, that'd be fun. Unfortunately, the animation industry is quite unforgiving, and it's a lot of work for not a lot of money if you're working for such a big company. That's why I'd like to be free-lance, so I can work on my own terms and take breaks if need be. :D

When I grow up, I want to be this guy (Mongol Falconer):

View attachment 2558897

If I can't be him, then close seconds would be a dog trainer, writer, or interior designer.

Thanks for creating an inspirational thread!
View attachment 2558905

(I have been working on calligraphy so far this year) :)
Oh my gosh! I love it so much! I can't believe you did that for me! It is amazing! ❤️ This means so much to me! :hugs You should peruse calligraphy! That one is really gorgeous! ;)

Back
Top Bottom