What is your experience and/or tips for shipped guineafowl eggs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my preference when I saw how close they were but my husband thinks the drive is not worth it with two 4 year old kids just to get a dozen eggs. Plus with everything that is going on in Georgia, he says he’s willing to pay the $15 shipping fee (and accept the risk of poor egg handling 😔)

We’ll see if anything changes, but in GA the quarantine is extended til end of May right now and I have an inkling it will keep getting extended to June or even July which would make traveling not a good idea.

So, for now I’m wondering if my Nurture Right 360 will be a good incubator for guinea eggs.
We are not in lockdown in our county. The governor gave a stay at home order but the county commissioner counter manded (which he has the power to do - learned it in Civics class many years ago) for our county since there is approximately 20 people in the county that tested positive

All the suggested guidelines are there - social distancing, face masks - which is totally ridiculous since I watched people yesterday touching their faces more adjusting the masks than a normal person touches their face. Then they take them down on their neck when they get to their vehicles and now they are breathing what is on the outside of the mask and now on their neck. Washing hands, arms etc is the best.

That was my preference when I saw how close they were but my husband thinks the drive is not worth it with two 4 year old kids just to get a dozen eggs. Plus with everything that is going on in Georgia, he says he’s willing to pay the $15 shipping fee (and accept the risk of poor egg handling 😔)

We’ll see if anything changes, but in GA the quarantine is extended til end of May right now and I have an inkling it will keep getting extended to June or even July which would make traveling not a good idea.

So, for now I’m wondering if my Nurture Right 360 will be a good incubator for guinea eggs.
Any good incubator will do fine for hatching fertile guinea eggs.

Unfortunately it is far cheaper to have the eggs shipped than to go get them. It is the conditions that they can go through that makes it better to pick them up in person.

Look into having them shipped ground by FedEx. Both FedEx and UPS can ship hatching eggs. As long as they go by ground, FedEx has done a good job for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom